So you got your skincare regimens on lock. Want to take it to the next level? Try incorporating these foods into your diet, and watch that deep skin gloww!
Drink it or apply it topically, green tea is a skincare power tool!
The extract in green tea (EGCG) helps with acne and anti-aging.
The polyphenols have the potential to prevent skin cancers.
Leafy Green Vegetables
Okay so we all know this one from our primary caregivers as children, but do you know what greens can do for your skin?
- Vitamin C (a hyperpigmentation fighter)
- Phytonutrients (reduces free radical damage to the skin cells from UV rays)
Eat ya greens.
Not only are they tasty, they are also natural sources of antioxidants that protect the skin and increase cell turnover.
The whole crew:
Incorporate them into your breakfast meal or as a snack.
Fats can be healthy? Yass friend.
Healthy fats mean healthy skin.
Under the Dermis in our skin, lies a layer of fat.
- Coconut oil (a tsp in your smoothie, a tbsp in your rice/curry)
- Olive oil (use in rice, curry, hummus)
- Avocados (salads, smoothies)
- Almonds (snacks, smoothies, raw desserts)
- Flax seeds (smoothies, baking)
- Walnuts (snacks, smoothies, raw desserts)
These help to keep skin hydrated, prevent dryness, and reduce inflammation.
Let us know in the instagram post, which skin food is your favourite!